Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yeilding to the Potter's Hand

"Potter, Potter, stop! This is too painful, these circumstance too overwhelming ~ this life too hard. I. just. can't. take. it! Are you sure you know what you are doing Potter? Can't you teach me some other way? "












"Child, I ALONE know what is good for you. The pressure is meant to fashion you ~ not to harm you. To mold you into a useful piece of pottery. The pressure is meant to chip away everything that does not look like me. I'm creating you, like only I can do, into something beautiful ~ the image of my Son. This may take some discipline, which is painful ~ but only for the moment. I love you clay, you are mine. As I fashion you I hold you tight in my hand ~ safe and secure. Rest now clay, for I love you."



Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.

We are the clay, you are the potter;

we are all the work of your hand.

Isaiah 64:8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels