Friday, November 11, 2011

Merry Birthday


Wednesday was my 39th birthday.
Here are a few random 
(and when I say random I'm really embracing its meaning here)
musings from my 39 year old mind.   Believe it or not all these thoughts popped into my head at some point on my birthday ~ kind of scary huh?!
  • I enjoy special days ~ bdays, anniversaries, Christmas.  They are just nice little "breaks" from the routine and my sweet husband does little extras to make me feel special (like notes on the dry erase board)
  • My love for Outback's bloomin onion is as strong now as it was years ago when I first tasted it
  • I enjoy a verse by verse, chapter by chapter type of Bible Study.   To me they are much more helpful then a broad topic study. 
  • I need the empowering of the Holy Spirit to mold me into a better wife, mom and woman.
  • Paul, formerly Saul the Christian hater, fascinates me.  He was hard core, didn't fool around and didn't  sugar coat the gospel message.
  •  Parenting is hard.
  • Most worthwhile things in life take effort and are often "hard".
    • I adore Autumn.... I mean I really have very fond feelings for everything about this season - the smell of fallen leaves, the colors, the crispness in the air and just the name Autumn - love it!  
    • I really don't like the time change - not sure why we still do this but you can't change something that's been done for so long right?! Even if the reason it was started is no longer relevant to today's society. Sounds like some churches I've been a part of. Click on the link if you just want some facts about why and when  Daylight Savings Time began
    • Change really doesn't bother me...I think Christians should embrace change.  Isn't that what sanctification is all about? 
    •  Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls rock
      • I don't feel 39 ~ whatever 39 is suppose to feel like.
      I told you they would be random.  Now for some random pictures from my big day.


       
      Tess writing some sweet "words" to her mama
      I told my husband I just wanted a pair of boots...he surprised me with this also
      Bday dinner at Outback
      My dates!





        1 comment:

        1. Well, happy birthday to you!!

          Your kiddos as cute as can be.

          I'm SO sorry I didn't respond to your e-mail from earlier this month....those messages pile up and it takes me a long to respond sometimes. :-( I use a Canon 50D and if I edit, I use Lightroom. The camera is higher on the price scale compared to some other SLRs, but I got a wonderful price {and saved and saved for years!} and have been extremely satisfied with the quality! My dear friend has a Canon T1i and loves it. You really can't go wrong with any SRL - just can take a while to learn to use it properly. I learn something every day. I hope that helps!!

          Happy Weekend to you and yours!!

          ReplyDelete

        Labels