Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Beauty of Wonder & Awe

As adults we have trouble with "taking things in", with standing still with awe and wonder.  Children have no trouble at all because everyday they may have an opportunity to experience something new and different.  Something to them that deserves their awe and amazement.  Bubbles, birds building a nest, things that light up and sparkle.
Maybe that's why scripture tells us in various places, like Luke 18:17, "Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”  Children can teach us a lot.  When is the last time you were in awe of your Maker?  When did you stand still and just take in the depth of his love for you with wonder? 
May I never become so busy with all the stuff of life that I neglect to behold His beauty and stand in awe of Him.  May my children's simple wonder of things always point me back to the Son, who stood in my place taking God's wrath for me, then creating within me a new heart.  Profoundly AWEsome. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels