Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Confession
"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God..." Ps. 42:2a
As I was cleaning up the kitchen the other night I passed by this stack of "stuff" that made its way to the counter. I glanced at it and then just sighed as I noticed the book at the bottom of the stack. How many days does that picture play out in real life?! Phone calls, bills, a little ones runny nose, even a good Christian read (you fill in the blank) all valuable things to a degree, but how often do we let them crowd out the life giving Word of God!

It is God breathed...how could I, or why would I let all my daily activities trump God's means of showing himself to me?! I shutter at the thought of how I neglect His sweet words at times. As my husband has said over and over again, I will only know God as well as I know His word!

Father forgive me for placing so many other things ahead of knowing your word...may you create such a thirst in my soul for YOU that I come running, mouth open wide, to the water that will always satisfy.

May I shout with the Psalmist:
"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
Ps. 119:103





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder...my day planner is on top of mine. hmm

    ReplyDelete

Labels