Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Rock & My Fortress

I'm consumed with the thought..."I can't imagine". I have been for a week now, since learning of some seminary friends 6 yr. old son passing away in a "freak" children's train accident on last Sat.
I can't imagine burying my child ~ How could I have the strength? Then the question immediately comes to mind..."Do we ( & by we I mean "I") really, I mean really trust that God is in control and over ALL things?" And if we do believe that then do we trust him when those all things are horrific, life changing, unfathomable painful things. When tsunamis strike, when your child dies, when you feel abandoned...whatever it is...you fill in the blank, do you trust THE FATHER? Do you even view him as Father or as a harsh demanding judge waiting to crush you.

Can we rest knowing that God allows nothing to come at us that has not first passed through HIS almighty hands? Can we have peace? The answer of course, for the believer is YES!. My husband's post "For a Day of Mourning" gives me words of encouragement...words that tell me that God is for me, that He is my shepherd and that I can, without a doubt, trust this God.

Behold, the Lord GOD will come with might,
With His arm ruling for Him
Behold, His reward is with Him
And His recompense before Him.
Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs
And carry them in His bosom;
He will gently lead the nursing ewes.
Isaiah 40:10-11

So my question turns into..."I can't imagine going through any of life without God."

Father, gather Dwight & Tabitha into your arms. They are about to face hard days, days that could lead to despair ~ gently lead them to Your rest. Carry them Father.


Be to me a rock of refuge,
to which I continually come:
you have given the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71:3


1 comment:

  1. Marian, thank you for this post. I had no idea that you had written it. We have been overwhelmed in the process of grief. Thank you for your prayers and concerns. Please continue to pray for us.

    Dwight

    ReplyDelete

Labels