Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sundays for a pastor's wife

Last week when my dad was in town we attended a Sunday gathering together.  I sat next to my dad.  This would not be strange to most of you, that's what you do most Sundays ~ you sit next to your husband, fathers, families.  It was strange to me...for nearly 22 years I rarely sat next to my father on a Sunday, and for the last 2 1/2 years I have only occasionally  been seated with my husband during a Sunday gathering time.  Why you ask?  Well I'm the daughter/wife of a pastor.  Sundays are a little different for us gals.  The pastor in our life lives with us ~ and on Sundays they rise early and head over to prepare to teach the flock, they  sit on the front row waiting their time to teach, they are swarmed with people afterward, and many times we don't catch a glimpse of them until lunchtime.  We never usually ride in the same car on this day set aside for believers &  almost never get to sing praises next to one another, and very seldom talk to the same groups of people afterward.    It's just how life is for us ladies on Sundays,  I'm not complaining I'm just observing something that I really didn't think about until my dad sat down next to me last Sunday, and until my husband's car broke down and he has had to come and pick us up on Sundays.  It was nice, sitting next to my father and riding together with my husband and children to corporate worship. So today when you see your pastor's wife...offer up a prayer for her.
Although these things are a way of life for the pastors wife, they, among other more challenging things, are not always easy.  ( I could go on and on about the other challenging things & people we pastor's wives have to learn to exercise grace over!) I would not trade my growing up years as the PK and neither would I trade these molding years as the PW ~ God has shaped me into the woman & mother I am thru these experiences. 
 So pray that your pastor’s wife will be a woman of faith and passionate love for God, not giving in to worries, fears, or an uptight and anxious spirit. (1 John 4:18; Prov. 3:5-6.
Me & my pastor...aka,  my sweet groom  on a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels