- could orchestrate all the details to bring this child to us
- could, at the right time, put the people in our lives who would graciously write us a check for $17,000 and ask to remain anonymous so that God would receive all the glory & not them!
- would allow a single mom to look at 6 profiles before looking at ours # 7
- would give that single mom peace as she looked at Tess' happy little face in those pictures
- could give us words to say to a woman who is thinking about making one of the hardest decisions in her life
- allow us to take this itty bitty 6 lb 6 oz. little boy home with us from the hospital
I give thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise; I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased. Psalm 138:1-3
So I celebrate...because only God could create a life from another womb, place him in a family with a mom, dad and sister who have no biological ties to one another, and give us the privilege, responsibility and joy to call him our son and Tess' brother. ONLY GOD!!