Friday, November 1, 2013

30 days of Thankful

So I am embarking on a 30 day challenge.   Everyday I want to stop and really be thankful for the things in my life.  They may not always be the BIG things in my life, of course I am thankful for my family, my God...etc., but I found often times when I look around I see "small" things,  that bring me joy for which I am thankful.   I think when I stop, think and look around me it will help me focus on those things, either big or small, that God has given me.   After-all, we will celebrate THANKSgiving later this month, so why not begin today?

So here goes.

Day 1 :   For pictures that bring back happy memories
              For yummy smelling Autumn candles
              For books that challenge me
           




1 comment:

  1. I just read an article that spoke about the transforming power of this, Marian, stating that gratitude is the pure, appropriate response to the saving and keeping grace of God. It's opposite is ingratitude, which can be deceptively dangerous. In the ongoing struggle of daily life where feelings of disappointment and entitlement can talk louder than our best intentions, why choose gratitude over ingratitude? The 'attitude of gratitude' is a clear command and expectation of God. He has commanded it - for our good and for His glory. God's command to be thankful is the invitation of a lifetime - the opportunity to draw near to Him at any moment of the day. Thanksgiving ushers us into the very presence of God." (God inhabits the praises of His people. Ps. 22:3). Can't wait to see what happens as you open your eyes and heart afresh to the Lord gracious goodness. May your depth perception of the One who knows your name, counts the hairs on your head, and manifests His love for you with one blessing after another, increase abundantly. Philippians 4:6,7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Prayer plus thanksgiving equals peace. When we open our eyes wide enough to see God's mercies in the midst of our pain, and when we exercise faith and give Him thanks even when we can't see those mercies, He meets us with His indescribable peace. It's a promise. Peace is waiting for your just beyond the doors of deliberate gratitude. Your journey this month will take you there afresh. Enjoy every step of the way, and thanks for sharing it with us. Grateful for you and Brent and your super hero kiddos!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels