Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Days 11, 12 & 13 - Two veterans, BSF and Play dates

There is a reason I aptly named this the 30 Day Thanksgiving CHALLENGE.  Many times it's a challenge to find the time to post and other times it's a challenge to put things in proper perspective and be thankful for things.  We (and by we, I mean me) tend to focus inwardly and begin to pine for those things that God has chosen to withhold from us.  Our thankful hearts become tainted as we begin thinking, "why don't I have __________ (fill in the blank)"  instead of looking at the things we do have, the things that God has gifted us with during this season of our lives.  Looking at them and being thankful for them - a continually challenge.

So, back to regaining my ground on this challenge of mine.


Day 11 - For my dad & brother - the veterans
In honor of those who served in our military I am thankful.  My dad was one of those, as was my brother.  I am grateful and thankful to both of them for the time they spent protecting our freedoms.

Day 12 - BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) 
A Bible study that is also challenging, makes me think and makes me study and treasure the word of  God. I'm thankful that I have the freedom to openly study the word of God without fear of persecution - many do not have that same privilege.  For this intense weekly Bible study, I am thankful.

Day 13 - Fun Thanksgiving Play dates 
This is where the pictures come in.  I'm thankful I get to share life with these other mamas.  They encourage me and I love them.  Today we had a Thanksgiving play date.  Crafts, games and goodies all related around the idea of being thankful.  What a fun time - a thankful time!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels