Thursday, March 29, 2012

I knew...

Our breakfast time this morning was a little messy and a little noisy and as I sat and "took in" the mess and noise I looked at my husband and said something like "4 years ago today we sat at a table by ourselves, quietly and with no mess."  But that all changed that afternoon 4 years back and I would have it no other way.  It was this day, March 29, 2008 that I began to grasp how deep and intense a love for a child could be.  The moment I saw her I knew.  I knew my life would never be the same.  I knew our lives would never be the same.  I knew God brought us to this place and time through His timing and provision.  I knew that the task of motherhood was hard.  I knew God had given me a heart to mother so no matter how hard the task  HE would equip me for the road ahead.
 I knew I loved this little girl.

We celebrated today...not by having a party or a big who-ra, but by doing a bunch of fun little things that made my girl smile! 

An apple craft with our special friends
Some silly apple snacks...Apple with yummy cream cheese spread and marshmallows. 
Silly little girls
waiting for the....
ICE CREAM MAN!
Thank you Father that you knew Tess long before we met her 4 years ago today.  Thank you for protecting her and then for placing her in our arms.  Grant us wisdom to parent her well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels